Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Yet another blog

I've been contemplating jumping on the blog bandwagon for a while now, and finally decided to make the leap. Given that I am drowning in "to-dos," I thought this would be the perfect time to add one more thing to the pile that is my life. (Well, why not? My friends are probably tired of me bitching about everything I do/have to do/should be doing/am not doing and feel guilty about, so why not share it with the world instead?)

I REALLY don't want this to be yet another mommy blog (although I read and enjoy several), but I suspect that a fair number of my posts will be about life with an adorable, highly intelligent 3-month-old who's not particularly fond of sleeping (as well as a full-time job that actually requires me to be coherent all day, a house desperately in need of updating, a near-perfect husband, a live-in mother-in-law and an aging German shepherd).

Oh, and the title? Yesterday, at the age of 38 years, 1 month and 24 days I found my first gray hair (while putting on my makeup in my office for the third time in as many days because I can't get my shit together in the mornings to do it at home). I'd always said I wanted to reach motherhood before finding a gray hair, and I just made it. Is Oprah-like wisdom soon to follow, or just more frequent trips to the salon? Stay tuned.