So, here we are, 11 years later. How do you sum up 11 years? Bret and I have:
- Lived in 4 houses (2 rented, 2 owned)
- Driven 8 cars (7 owned, 1 leased; 4 used, 4 new; 1 totaled)
- Visited the four “corners” of the continental U.S. (Seattle, San Diego, Bar Harbor, Key West)
- Attended the funerals of two grandparents, the weddings of several friends and siblings, and WAY too many graduations
- Raised a crazy German shepherd for nearly 11 years and cried buckets of tears when he was gone
- Fought and won a 6-year battle to become parents
It seems like a lifetime. It seems like a week.Ellen Goodman says this about marriage: "We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness."
I, for one, am grateful for all the forgiveness that has been shown to me. Thank you, dear husband, for these 11 years.