And so the story continues and the good people of southwestern Ohio comment.
“These people are defective and should not be allowed to adopt. If you can't conceive naturally as nature intended you shouldn't be adopting/or let someone else bear your child (a surrogate). This is natures way of telling you, NO ! I don't hate gays also not religious but nature rules.”
Huh. I guess that not only applies to gay and lesbian folks, but folks like me. So if you ARE able to conceive “naturally,” then you must be the cream of the crop. Your genes must be superior to the genes of those who can’t conceive. And I guess that includes these people*:
- A 40-year-old man who sexually abused his 19-year-old son who is physically and mentally handicapped and cannot speak.
- A 28-year-old woman who murdered her newborn daughter by putting the baby in a microwave oven.
- A 30-year-old man who shook his 4-month-old son so severely the baby was critically injured.
- A 19-year-old who was charged with taking her baby to a drug deal.
- A 25-year-old woman who shook her 3-month-old daughter so severely that she left the child blind and developmentally stunted with little hope of having any quality of life.
- A 26-year-old man who badly injured his infant daughter, including giving her multiple rib fractures and a severe brain injury. Now 23 months old, she has the motor skills of a 1-month-old and the language skills of a 4-month-old.
- A 19-year-old who was charged with killing his 4-week-old son. The child died from a skull fracture.
Yes, I can see how their superior genes deserved to be passed on.
* I did not have to search long for this list. Unfortunately, all are local people and all but one story is from within the last few months. So imagine what’s going on in the rest of the state and the country and the world.