Thursday, September 10, 2009

This Just In From Hollywood

Katherine Heigl, from "Grey's Anatomy," which I've never seen, is adopting a baby from Korea. You can read the whole story here.

Great, fine, I'm happy for her. Until I got to this: "Heigl, whose sister Meg is adopted from Korea, told USA Today that adopting a child is something she's 'always planned.' 'I'm done with the whole idea of having my own children,' Heigl said. '[It] doesn't seem like any fun. I don't think it's necessary to go through all of that.'"

Okay, I'm going to ignore the obvious "hey, I'm adopting so I don't have to go through the messy inconvenience of pregnancy" (because, Lordy, adopting is just such an easy, trouble-free process).

But, um, Katherine? Your baby from Korea will, in fact, be YOUR OWN child.

Methinks someone needs a bit of adoption education before getting on the plane to Korea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me agrees!

Blobby said...

so you're telling me an episiotomy is messy????

inconceivable.