Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Not a New Year's Resolution

I have been going (back) to Weight Watchers for 4 months now – and have a whopping 8.8 pounds lost to show for it. I went a year and a half ago and lost 22 pounds in 2 months. Of course, I gained it back, probably all in the 7 weeks I was home with a newborn (I swear if I were a stay-at-home mom I’d weigh 600 pounds and need a really, really strong anti-depressant).

My whole plan when I started WW this time around was to reach my goal weight by the time I turned 40. I even had a whole campaign dreamed up for the process: Hot By 40. I figured out how much weight I'd need to lose each week in order to reach my goal by then, and it was quite reasonable. But I fell off track a month or so ago and now it’s probably not do-able. Not for me, anyway. Forty is “only” 53 weeks away and I am doing this slowly.

I just dropped a blob of buffalo chicken dip leftover from New Year’s eve on my mousepad. That should give you some indication of how slowly it's going.