Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'll Cut You, Man

Surgery went fine and I've been laying around being a slug all week. Every once in a while I get a burst of energy and do things like organize my recipes or throw out old magazines, but basically it's all TV, all the time.

It wasn't too bad and although I'm a bit sore and sometimes really tired, it hasn't been nearly as bad as the nasty bought of bronchitis I had a few weeks back.

Lauren keeps asking to "see your belly" and then she says "ew." I don't blame her. I look like I've been in a prison knife fight. Four incisions. Pretty.

I did just find an EKG sticky thing under my left armpit, though. I think it's time to take a shower.

1 comment:

Blobby said...

I've got a great story about my first shower after my ruptured appendix. It involves three bars of dropped soap and a nurse who finally said I'd just have to deal with not having a fourth.