Monday, January 25, 2010

Rejected

I sent a query letter to a literary agent for the first time last week. Her web site said she'd respond in 5-10 days. I got a form rejection email in 3 days. A very nice form rejection email, I might add.

I was not surprised (though I had conjured up fantasies of being able to say I landed the first agent I contacted) or devastated. I'm actually glad I took that step. And now I can send it to someone else. It only takes one "yes," right? Or a good self-publishing company and a few thousand dollars.

Anyway, at least I feel like I'm making some progress on a goal, which is not a bad way to start a week.

1 comment:

Steph M. said...

Amazing, my friend - I love it that you took this huge first step - one I have personally never had the courage to do (even with a half-written book). Keep me posted on your progress!